Monday

Urban Foraging – Dumpster Diving

When renovating your home try not be too blasé and simply throw the things you no longer need in the skip – they'll be plenty of people who would love your old doors, windows etc. especially if they're free. Make a sign to let people know they can have them, just as long as the item are taken 'as seen'. Of course you can always put things in the skip and they'll probably be gone the next day, taken by people dumpster diving – if the skip's on your driveway technically the dumpster diver is trespassing, but if you don't mind then there's nothing to worry about.


I have to admit I've never heard of the term 'dumpster diving' or 'Skipping', the term used in the UK. I'm all for recycling and up-cycling or the term 'urban foraging' – as the saying goes 'one man's waste is another's treasure'...I think I quoted this before :-) or paraphrased it, but I really believe that it holds true and just so long as the dumpster diver doesn't leave a mess when flipping through your skip or become trapped or hurt themselves that's fine with me!

Image: cwd1978

No comments:

Post a Comment